How Are You Managing COVID-19 at Your Facility?
Posted: March 17, 2020 in Suppliers
LOMBARD, IL – As the nation’s largest medical fitness management company, Power Wellness prioritizes the health and safety of our members and associates. Medical fitness centers typically serve a higher percentage of at-risk members than commercial gyms, including seniors and those living with chronic conditions or immunocompromised systems. Medical fitness centers also serve a high percentage of hospital employees and physicians, on the front-line fighting COVID-19. As such, many medical fitness centers have made the difficult decision to temporarily close, if not closed by governmental decree.
If you have made the decision to remain open, we suggest taking the following precautions:
- Follow all CDC recommended best practices: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html;
- Highlight policies on social media and center signage;
- Deploy equipment wipes with > 60% alcohol content and hand sanitizer stations;
- Increase 3rd shift cleaning practices and Manager on Duty rounding requirements;
- Close the steam room(s), which can harbor virus droplets;
- Suspend all daily guest drop-in privileges;
- Suspend all public education and group events i.e. 5k, meets, etc.;
- Relocate or suspend use of fixed equipment to maintain 6 feet of separation;
- Limit group exercise participation to 40 square feet/participant based on ACSM guidelines;
- Reduce duration of group exercise classes to allow for cleaning after all classes;
- Limit childcare to members only and enforce local health requirements and staff ratios;
- Expand membership bridging policies to include shorter durations that accommodate virus concerns.
If you have more questions about your unique circumstance, please feel free to contact Paul Prather at email@example.com.