Planet Fitness Announces 2019 Franchise Awards
Posted: September 23, 2019 in Chains
HAMPTON, N.H. – Planet Fitness, Inc. (NYSE: PLNT) one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the U.S. and home of the Judgement Free Zone, has announced the winners of its 2019 Franchise Awards. Honorees were selected from various categories that contribute to Planet Fitness’ overall system-wide success.
“We applaud all of the outstanding franchisees in our system, and are honored to recognize several groups for their phenomenal work and dedication to growing our brand, servicing our members, developing their teams, and giving back to their local communities,” said Chris Rondeau, Planet Fitness’ chief executive officer. “This year’s nominees are great examples of franchisee excellence and leadership.”
The 2019 Planet Fitness Franchise Awards were given to the following:
- Hall of Fame: Jeff & James Innocenti – PF Supreme;
- Franchisee of the Year: Mike Turner & CJ Bouchard – Excel Fitness;
- Operator of the Year: Steve Kindler, Jr. – National Fitness Partners;
- Developer of the Year: Tim Kelleher – Taymax Group;
- Marketer of the Year: Shane McGuiness & Eric Dore, Glenn Dowler & Michael Hicks – Sunshine Fitness;
- People First Award: Mark Christie, George, Nick & Greg Mourgenos – Ohio Fit Management;
- Judgement Free Generation Award: Bryan Rief & Pete Hopkins – PF Michigan Group, LLC;
A leader in the fitness industry and franchising, Planet Fitness was recently named to Fortune magazine’s 2019 ‘100 Fastest-Growing Companies’ list, ranking 58 among the world’s top three-year performers in revenues, profits, and stock returns. The Company was ranked sixth on Forbes 2019 list of ‘America’s Best Franchises’ which ranks brands on health and appeal. The Company also placed ninth on Entrepreneur’s 2019 ‘Fastest Growing Franchises’ list which measures companies’ ability to scale fast and take their franchisees to the next level, and seventh on Entrepreneur’s 2019 ‘Franchise 500’ list.