Nine Fitness Industry Leaders Set to Advise on GHFA Initiatives
Posted: October 4, 2021 in IHRSA
IHRSA: Success By Association
BOSTON, MA – The Global Health & Fitness Alliance (GHFA), an IHRSA initiative launched to establish the health and fitness sector as an essential service and a key contributor within the healthcare continuum, announced its inaugural nine-member Advisory Council.
“After meticulously sorting through numerous applications, we have put together a solid group of industry veterans who bring with them decades of experience and passion for the industry,” said Kilian Fisher, GHFA coordinator and IHRSA director of international public affairs. “This group wholly represents the global fitness industry and aims to promote the industry’s vital contributions to the health, well-being, and prosperity of societies, influence national governments’ agendas, and secure a seat at the table with United Nations and other international organizations.”
The GHFA Advisory Council includes:
- Greg Oliver, GHFA advisory chair, CEO and managing director of APAC’s Fitness & Lifestyle Group, and founder of Debit Success, one of ANZ’s largest membership, billing, and software services.
- Richard Beddie, CEO of Exercise New Zealand and board chief of staff for the International Confederation of Registers for Exercise Professionals (ICREPs).
- Andrea Bell, co-founder, director, and chief people officer of Inspire Brands Asia, the consortium that owns the master franchise license for Anytime Fitness Asia.
- Anna Henwood, chief marketing officer of Les Mills International.
- Raj Kumar, executive vice president of international for Self Esteem Brands, the multi-branded franchisor of Anytime Fitness, The Bar Method, Basecamp Fitness, and Waxing the City.
- Brian Morris, founder and CEO of the Aspria Group, a collection of large, premium, award-winning well-being clubs, spas, and hotels across Belgium, Germany, and Italy.
- Justin Musgrove, CEO of Kun Real Estate, a new leisure and hospitality company centered on creating one of the world’s most revered lifestyle brands.
- Emmett Williams, a partner in the wearable technology company, Myzone, and a member of IHRSA’s Industry Partner Advisory Council.
- Anastasia Yusina, president of Strata Fitness Holding and founder of Orange Fitness, City Fitness, and FITSPACE Boutique Fitness, whose club brands span from Moscow to Florida.
The GHFA Advisory Council’s main priority is producing the first-ever Global Economic Impact Report, which GHFA members worldwide are currently developing and funding to benefit the global fitness industry. The report will analyze the industry’s social and economic contributions to society and deliver a comprehensive overview of its direct and indirect value.