New IHRSA Board Members and Leadership Set to Revive the Industry
Posted: July 3, 2021 in IHRSA
IHRSA: Success By Association
BOSTON, MA – July marks a new fiscal year at IHRSA. It also marks the start of a four-year term for four newly elected board members. As previously announced, beginning on July 1, 2021, IHRSA welcomed the following fitness industry professionals who will serve on the IHRSA Board of Directors:
- Luke Carlson, CEO of Discover Strength in Minneapolis, MN;
- Aaron Moore, Director of Operations at VIDA Fitness & Aura Spa in Washington, D.C.;
- Jose Teixeira, Head of Customer Experience for SC Fitness in Lisbon, Portugal, and;
- Loni Wang, CEO of Catic Wellness Group, Ltd. in Shenzhen, China.
Each of these individuals comes from diverse backgrounds and will bring new ways of thinking to the IHRSA Board.
IHRSA Board Officers
With the start of a new fiscal year also comes new leadership. Alan Leach, CEO of the West Wood Club in Dublin, Ireland, was elected to serve as Board Chair. With Leach’s new role, IHRSA and the Board of Directors aim to achieve a wider global reach and more substantial participation in the Global Health & Fitness Alliance (GHFA).
Leach and the following IHRSA Board-elected Officers will begin their year-long roles on July 1, 2021:
- Chris Craytor, President and COO for acac Fitness & Wellness Centers in Charlottesville, VA, will serve as Vice-Chair of the Board,
- Brad Wilkins, President of Cooper Health and Fitness in Dallas, TX, will serve as Treasurer,
- Michele Melkerson-Granryd, General Manager of Castle Hill Fitness 360 in Austin, TX, will serve as Secretary, and
- Carrie Kepple, Owner and Managing Director of Styles Studios Fitness in Peoria, IL, will serve as the Ex-officio.
Thank You to the Departing Members of the IHRSA Board
As fresh members join the IHRSA Board of Directors, we tip our hats to three Board Members who completed their service on June 30, 2021:
- Steve Capezzone, CEO of Healthtrax International in Glastonbury, CT;
- Ex-officio Jim Worthington, owner, president, and CEO of Newtown Athletic Club in Newtown, PA, and;
- Anastasia Yusina, CEO of Strata Fitness Holdings and FITSPACE studios in Moscow, Russia.
While gracefully continuing their terms amid the COVID-19 pandemic, IHRSA is grateful for their commitment, years of service, and unwavering passion for growing, promoting, and protecting the health and fitness industry. Each departing Board Member will serve as advisors to the IHRSA Board for the remainder of 2021 to ensure a smooth transition.
Apply for the IHRSA Board
Are you an IHRSA member with original ideas to propel the association, its members, and the health and fitness industry to new heights of success? Are you well-versed in setting standards, policies, and values, promoting the industry, and governing strategic initiatives? If so, it sounds like serving on the IHRSA Board may be the role for you.
The IHRSA Board of Directors comprises a talented and intuitive group of fitness industry leaders, providing guidance, strategic direction, and insight for the global industry. Each year, a group of existing board members completes their terms of service, and the Board fills those positions with two to four new members. This process helps keep the IHRSA Board balanced, with veteran executives working alongside new members with fresh ideas and outlooks.
Applications for the 2022-2026 IHRSA Board term are now open until August 13, 2021. As a member of the IHRSA Board of Directors, you will have the chance to leave a lasting impact on the global health and fitness industry.