How to Get More Prospects to Visit Your Website
(And, it's probably not what you think)
- For this article, Log In to:
- View eVersion | Download PDF
I speak to gym owners all the time who are seeking more website visits and more leads from their website. The key here is to create internet density and visibility. You simply need to be everywhere your prospect may look. Now, this is not meant to be all-inclusive, but it is a good starting point for most gyms. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve the branding of your gym and increase exposure.
- 1. Write a Blog. A blog is important to your website because of the fresh, new content it provides, keywords used in the blog that may show up in search, and your customer will stay on your website longer. Many gym owners like the idea of blogging, but they struggle with what to write about. Here's what I suggest: Have each staffer write a blog, which should be about questions that come from members or prospects on how to achieve their goals or even personal testimonials. The blog can be as few as 300 words or more. If you have ten staffers, then you now have ten blog posts. To start, I suggest posting your blog once per week. Put it on your schedule. The key to any marketing that you do is consistency.
- 2. Quotes. Once you have posted your blog, you want to extract sentences from the blog that can be used as quotes attributed to you in social media posts. Typically, these will be posted on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. To help you save time as you develop your content marketing strategy, be sure to set up all posts for future postings with an automated service. We use socialoomph.com.
- 3. Audio. For those who prefer to listen and not read, you want to set up an audio podcast and narrate your article. We use soundcloud.com for this, but there are many options. Not only will this help you reach a new audience, but you will also place these links into socialoomph.com for future postings.
To view the full article, please Log In.
If you are not a Paid Subscriber, we welcome you to Subscribe Now.