Club Industry Brings to the Global Fitness Community a Look at the Future of Fitness
Posted: June 7, 2021 in Suppliers
NEW YORK, N.Y. – The health and wellness industry must reinvent itself to survive and thrive in what had once been a strictly in-person industry. Questex Wellness’ Club Industry and Sibec are joining forces to host the Future of Fitness, a free two-day virtual event that will help guide health and wellness professionals in Asia, Europe, Latin America, the United Kingdom and the United States to a path of reinvention and relevance for the future. The Future of Fitness will take place June 16 – 17. Register here.
“Now that we are halfway through 2021, we are seeing clubs in some countries re-opening and moving closer to their 2019 usage and membership numbers, but in other countries, the COVID-19 pandemic is still holding officials back from re-opening gyms, which is causing a lot of pain,” said Marty McCallen, Director, Club Industry. “The Future of Fitness virtual event is intended to reflect the reality of re-openings in some parts of the world and give hope to those trying to survive in other parts of the world by sharing what is coming for the industry once everyone is re-opened.”
The more than 40 presentations, panels and live Q&As from over 80 speakers will dive into the most pressing topics in the industry, including:
- Latest Research on Physical Activity and Health Club Industry Recovery;
- Sales and Marketing in 2021;
- A Successful Sales and Marketing Playbook Starts with Automation;
- The Path Ahead for Studios Around the World;
- The Financial Community’s View of the Club Industry’s Comeback Potential;
- 5 Elements to Producing Unique Content Experiences;
- What the Numbers Say About Digital Vs. Brick-and-Mortar Fitness;
- European Fitness Market Growth and Innovation Post COVID-19;
- The Realities of Group Fitness Now;
- Generate Revenue with Innovative Ways to Use Your Club;
- Where the Fitness Industry Is Headed.
A Spanish-language session, “Puntos brillantes: secretos de los clubes latinoamericanos que prosperaron durante la pandemia de COVID-19” (“Bright Spots: Secrets of Latin American Clubs That Thrived During the COVID-19 Pandemic”), will share the story of two club operators in Latin America who have experienced success during COVID-19. One is Guilermo Mazzoni, co-founder of BIGG, which has more than 30 fitness studios in Argentina, Uruguay and Chile. The other presenter is Wilder Zapata, founder of Action Fitness, which is the third-largest gym chain in Colombia. This session will be presented in Spanish with English subtitles.
Speakers from across the world will be a part of the event, including:
- Jarrod Saracco, World Gym;
- Lawrence Biscontini, FitnessGroup2000;
- Valerie Bures-Bonstrom, VAHA;
- Anabel Chew, WeBarre;
- JJ Creegan, Orangetheory Fitness;
- Jill Dailey, The Dailey Method;
- Jomana Elwenni, Orangetheory Fitness Canada;
- Susan Glass, YMCA of Greater Denver;
- Bill McBride, Active Wellness;
- Billy Grenham, Chuze Fitness;
- Joella Hopkins, EoS Fitness;
- Neil King, energie Ftiness;
- Helaine Knapp, CityRow;
- Adam Zeitsiff, Intelivideo, Inc.;
- Martin Seibold, LifeFit Group;
- Blair McHaney, MXM;
- Kate Golden, Newtown Athletic Club;
- Paul Bedford, Retention Guru;
- Emma Lehner, BodyStreet;
- Garrett Marshall, Xponential;
- Ronn MacMahon, YMCA of Wichita;
- Kari Saitowitz, Fhitting Room;
- David Pettrone Swalve, Life Time;
- Evida Zanker, GRIT Bxng.
The first two Future of Fitness virtual events attracted more than 8,500 registrants total.
Industry associations and outlets are working with Club Industry on the event, including UKActive, EuropeActive, FIBO, IHRSA and Mercado Fitness.
Future of Fitness sponsors are ABC Fitness Solutions, Inc., ASF/Club OS, CIPIO, ClubWise, Eleiko, Fisikal, Fitness on Demand, FlexIt, Freemotion, Intelivideo, Les Mills, Mindbody, MXM, Myzone, Power Systems, Precor, SoulBody Fitness, Stages Cycling, Sweatworks, UpSwell, UScreen, Wellness Living and ExerAI.