What to Expect at IHRSA 2021: Celebrate the Industry’s Revival
Posted: June 29, 2021 in IHRSA
BOSTON, MA – To put it mildly, it’s been a long and stressful two years since the global health and fitness industry gathered in-person. All of us at IHRSA eagerly await the day that we can all come together. If you haven’t started your countdown just yet, the Annual IHRSA International Convention & Trade Show (IHRSA 2021) is coming quick, October 13 – 15!
While we know that many things can happen in that time, IHRSA is delighted to share with you the event program, which includes keynote speakers, educational sessions, workshops, exercise classes, and more. Plus, if you missed the news, registration to attend IHRSA 2021 is open! Register to join us in Dallas, TX, from October 13-15 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas to celebrate the industry’s revival.
Excitement is building within the industry. “I’m really looking forward to seeing all the new products and services that will be on display at IHRSA 2021 in Dallas to guide our buying decisions over the next 12 months,” said Chris Smith, CEO of FW Fitness BC Ltd. “There’s nothing like being able to interact with exhibitors, compare and experience all the industry has to offer under one roof!”
The complete program will be available next week. For now, here’s a sneak peek into what you can look forward to in Dallas.
IHRSA 2021 Program
IHRSA 2021 officially kicks off at 7:30 a.m. CDT on Wednesday, October 13. During the three-day event, you will have your pick of over 60 education sessions with elite presenters, six roundtable discussions, exercise classes, three world-class keynote sessions, and more.
This year’s keynote speakers headlining the 40th Annual IHRSA International Convention & Trade Show include:
- Kenneth H. Cooper, M.D., MPH, Founder and Chairman, Cooper Aerobics (Sponsored by MXMetrics);
- Diana Kander, Best-Selling Author, Entrepreneur, and Innovation Consultant (Sponsored by ABC Fitness Solutions);
- Scott Stratten, Best-Selling Author and President, UnMarketing (Sponsored by Matrix Fitness).
For new attendees, you won’t want to miss “Making Connections,” hosted by IHRSA’s Director of U.S. Club Membership Nicole Johnson. The one-hour orientation is set to start at 7:30 a.m. CDT on Wednesday, October 13, and aims to help guide you through the week’s events.
To date, 165 companies—Matrix, Technogym, Myzone, ABC Fitness Solutions, Hoist Fitness, and Club Automation, to name a few—are committed to showcasing their new products, services, and solutions on the trade show floor. The trade show will take place on Thursday, October 14, and Friday, October 15, with early morning workouts on the show floor on Friday as well. IHRSA expects more than 200 exhibiting companies to be at the 300,000-square-foot expo.
Where to Stay: IHRSA 2021
IHRSA has discounted rooms available in four local hotels. Discounted rates are going fast, so be sure to book your stay at one of the official IHRSA 2021 hotels before they fill up:
- Omni Dallas Hotel, 555 S. Lamar Street, Dallas, TX;
- Aloft Dallas Downtown, 1033 Young Street, Dallas, TX;
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Downtown, 555 Evergreen Street, Dallas, TX;
- TownePlace Suites Dallas Downtown, 555 Evergreen Street, Dallas, TX;
- Due to demand, IHRSA will be adding an additional hotel later this month!
Reasons to Attend
Since this will be the first time the global fitness industry gathers since March 2019, that may be reason enough for you to attend IHRSA 2021. For those who aren’t quite sure if they want to make the commitment, here are just a few:
- 1. ALL IHRSA members receive discounted registration rates. Basic, standard, and premium members receive 10%, 30%, and 50% off, respectively.
- 2. It’s been a full three decades since the trade show was held in Dallas. A lot has changed in the industry—and Dallas—since 1990, and there’s so much to do in the area.
- 3. Did I say it’s been two years since the global fitness industry convened? The convention is widely known as a great opportunity to build your network and make connections.
- 4. The IHRSA Skill Workshops. Technology is vital nowadays; at these workshops you’ll discover the ins and outs of video strategy, web tech, and digital marketing.
- 5. After surviving months of mandated closures and strict restrictions, we never want to be at the mercy of lawmakers again. Advocacy experts will be at the ready to explain how to be a strong advocate for your business and the industry. Most importantly, you’ll learn how you can assist in getting the GYMS Act passed to gain much needed financial assistance. (Take action today at thegymsact.com.)
- 6. Meet IHRSA’s new CEO, Liz Clark! Liz is thrilled to join our industry this summer and can’t wait to meet all of you in person in Dallas.
- 7. IHRSA 2021 marks the convention’s 40th anniversary. This is a momentous occasion on its own, but even more so following the events over the past 15 months. There will be plentiful festivities and events to mark the milestone anniversary.
Finally, I’d like to highlight the MedFit Education Foundation Pre-Con on Tuesday, October 12. Because of COVID-19, there’s greater public awareness of the link between the fitness industry and healthcare—which we’re consistently working to build upon each day. The MedFit program is a great starting point for any fitness industry professional or business to attend which wishes to pivot to or improve their medical fitness offerings. The program runs from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CDT and focuses on new services and programs to add to your fitness facility or business to ensure you are on the forefront and front line of healthcare.
There are so many more reasons to attend IHRSA 2021—keep an eye out, we’ll be sharing them on social media. For anyone in the fitness industry, the convention genuinely is a fun, high-energy, and worthwhile event. Take it from Monica Marques, owner and partner of Companhia Athletica, who said, “A 40-year celebration is a very special moment. IHRSA is bringing back the trade show and educational workshops but is also bringing in new alliances, new partnerships, new strategies, new structure and leadership.
“The fitness industry is evolving and participating in IHRSA 2021 will lead to a better understanding of our current and future challenges and opportunities.”
We can’t wait to see you in Dallas.
IHRSA Would Also Like to Thank the Generous IHRSA 2021 Sponsors
The current list of IHRSA 2021 sponsors includes ABC Fitness Solutions, American Council on Exercise (ACE), American Service Finance, Augie’s Quest, Club Automation, Club OS, ClubIntel, Cryo Innovations, CSI Spectrum, Echelon Fit, Fitness Brasil, Fitness Business Canada, Fitness Industry Council of Canada, Genevix, GOJO Industries, Gympass, HydroMassage, Intenza Fitness, Keiser Corporation, Les Mills International, Listen360, Management Around Sports, Matrix Fitness, Mercado Fitness, MINDBODY, Inc., Motionsoft, MXMetrics, National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) and the Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA), POUND – Rockout. Workout., TheraGun by TheraBody, Twin Oaks Software, UPshow, VFPnext, and Zumba Fitness.