IHRSA Takes Additional Steps to Keep You Safe During IHRSA 2021
Posted: September 15, 2021 in IHRSA
BOSTON, MA – In an abundance of caution, IHRSA is taking every precaution to prevent the spread of the virus and prioritize attendee health and safety at the IHRSA International Convention & Trade Show (IHRSA 2021). We are continuing to closely monitor the situation for critical updates.
We are committed to hosting a successful event by implementing new protective measures to help fitness professionals recover from this period of uncertainty, revive passions for their craft and reconnect with peers to move the industry forward together.
In addition to the standard event steps listed, and updated frequently, on the health and safety page of the IHRSA 2021 website, our team has taken extra steps to ensure attendees feel protected.
Proof of Vaccination Against COVID-19 or Negative Test Result
IHRSA will require all attendees to show proof of vaccination or present a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of on-site registration.
This policy will apply to all attendees, speakers, visitors, and exhibitors. IHRSA feels this is the best option to keep attendees healthy during the event and to ensure loved ones are not at risk of infection once attendees return home.
All IHRSA staff in attendance will be fully vaccinated. We encourage attendees and exhibitors alike to consider vaccination as research shows vaccines have been proven to prevent infection and stop the spread of viruses, such as COVID-19.
For added protection, we also recommend that attendees wear masks, but masks will not be mandated.
On-site Rapid Testing
To further ensure a safe experience for all attendees, IHRSA is working with the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center to provide on-site COVID-19 testing for those that are interested.
Added Cleaning Procedures to Keep You Healthy
While testing can help us react to and determine the current state of an attendee’s health, we are also taking proactive measures to ensure our members stay safe and healthy from the moment they enter the convention center to the moment they leave.
Our team is taking the following actions to safeguard individuals against potential disease:
- NEW! On-site COVID-19 testing available.
- NEW! All attendees, speakers, staff, visitors, and exhibitors will be required to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of on-site event registration.
- Ensuring common touchpoints are cleaned and disinfected routinely.
- Disinfecting meeting spaces, exhibit halls, equipment, and kitchens regularly with electrostatic sprayers.
- Placing convenient hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipe stations throughout the public space. (In addition, IHRSA has partnered with GOJO Industries to provide sanitizing stations throughout the expansive Trade Show floor.)
- Requiring convention center staff to wear personal protective equipment, including masks and facial coverings.
- Guaranteeing service desks, concession stands, and food and beverage businesses have plexiglass panels.
- Creating health and safety signage to use as a reference throughout IHRSA 2021.
- Using outside air to balance the HVAC system and turn over the airflow at the convention center. Outside air is used to recirculate the air in the convention center at a minimum of 1-3 cycles per hour.
- Checking that restrooms are equipped with a 24/7 exhaust fan.
- Working with Freeman, IHRSA’s event general services contractor, to make sure all workers meet their requirement for wearing masks and practicing social distancing. Freeman Research Shows Attending In-Person Business Events Safer Than Daily Activities.
- Giving attendees the option to wear wristbands that indicate social distancing comfort levels.
- Giving attendees the option to sit in socially distanced sections of education rooms.
Ensuring a Safe Event Experience
We ask all who attend to please understand that it is critical that we all work together to create an environment at IHRSA 2021 that is safe for everyone. Your cooperation will enable us all to have a very successful event. Please review the IHRSA 2021 health & safety guidelines or contact us with any questions prior to the event.