Mountainside Fitness Joins the Pickleball Revolution
Posted: March 31, 2021 in Chains
SCOTTSDALE, AZ – Pickleball is taking the world by storm: one dink shot at a time. Mountainside Fitness is joining the frenzy as the King of the Swing by offering the game at three of its Valley Locations: Scottsdale Shea, Mesa and Surprise. Perfect that backhand and get in the court.
Pickleball is a sport that combines elements of tennis, badminton, and ping-pong and is played on a badminton-sized court with a slightly modified tennis net. All ages and skill levels can enjoy the game.
The 5 Rules of Pickleball
There are only 5 main rules to pickleball, making it a perfect game for all skill levels to learn and master:
- The ball cannot go out of bounds.
- Proper serving regulations have to be followed: an underhand serve diagonally across the court at one foot distance from the baseline.
- There needs to be One Bounce per side – no more and no less.
- During the serve the ball is not allowed to touch the no volley zone.
- Pickleball is played to 11, 15, or 21 points; you can only score a point on your serve and you must win by 2 points.
The Must Know Terms
- Dink Shot: A soft and controlled shot that ideally lands at your opponent’s feet;
- Kitchen: the non-volley zone;
- Ace: A serve that is not returned by your opponent.
“Pickleball is a fun way for members of Mountainside Fitness to get in their work-out and play a competitive game with their friends and family at the same time,” said Craig Cote, CEO of Mountainside Fitness. “We are constantly evolving and thinking out of box and court in order to add to our offerings here at Mountainside Fitness, and Pickleball is definitely a fun one.”
At all three locations, the Pickleball courts are available:
- Monday – Friday: 8am – 2pm;
- Saturday: 2pm – 4pm;
- Sunday: 8am – 12pm.
Members can enjoy pickleball as a part of their membership, and Mountainside Fitness is offering a special for new members. Their first 30 days are free, $0 enrollment fee and 1 free Stretch-Fit sessions for the month of April. Memberships include access to M Virtual Fitness and access to 18 Valley locations.