ClubIntel Announces the Release of Its Third Annual Fitness Industry Trend Report
- For this article, Log In to:
- View eVersion | Download PDF
DALLAS, TX - ClubIntel announces the release of the 2017 International Fitness Industry Trend Report - What's All the Rage, a comprehensive study of current global trends impacting the fitness industry.
ClubIntel, in partnership with various industry leaders, invited club/studio owners, executives, and managers, as well as fitness professionals from around the world to participate in its annual study of industry trends. The global study tracks over 90 different practices across four major categories: programming, equipment, facilities and technology. With over 1,300 professionals responding, the study reflects activity from operators accountable for representing approximately 14,000 facilities worldwide responded to the study.
Among the numerous game-changing insights brought forward by the report, we highlight three below that are significantly impacting the landscape of the fitness industry:
- 1. Barre classes and HIIT classes have experienced the most significant growth of any program over the past four years (30 percentage points). It is no coincidence that barre studios and HIIT studios are among the most popular concepts for boutique fitness studios.
- 2. Non-traditional functional training equipment experienced the greatest growth of any type of equipment over the past four years, experiencing growth of approximately 20 percentage points. This category of equipment has grown so rapidly that it has pushed traditional selectorized equipment into the niche segment.
- 3. The use of social media and club-based mobile applications has grown by more than 20 percentage points over the past four years. Other emerging platforms such as on-demand and streaming GX classes and internet middlemen appear perched to grow quickly in the years to come.
A complimentary copy of the full report can be downloaded from ClubIntel's website at www.club-intel.com.
To view the full article, please Log In.
If you are not a Paid Subscriber, we welcome you to Subscribe Now.